Note: Submissions should be of a visual piece of artwork depicting or invoking Dr. Nina Simone, preferably African-inspired in honor of Black History Month.
- Contestants must be of legal age (18+)
- All submissions must be an entirely original work of art produced specifically for the contest at hand.
Due Date and Submission Protocol
- All entries are due by March 31, 2012 12PM EST.
- Entries may be submitted via the NinaSimone.com website contest entry form, through email to aaron[at]ninasimone.com or through Twitter to @NinaSimoneMusic.
- Contestant information must accompany submission including: First and last name, age, address, phone number and email address. Contestants whom submit through Twitter will be contacted to obtain this necessary information before their entry can be considered valid.
- Images should be in standard format such as .jpg, .png or .gif between 200 and 300 dpi. No size or dimension criteria are in place however NinaSimone.com retains the right to proportionally resize all submissions for appropriate display on the website.
Awards, Exhibits and Release of Liability
Selected works will be chosen for exhibition on NinaSimone.com and will be awarded with placement in the Fan Art gallery on the website. By submitting artwork contestants agree to allow NinaSimone.com to display their submission on NinaSimone.com for an undetermined amount of time. The Estate of Nina Simone will not be held liable for any misrepresented submittals and/or copyright infringements on behalf of the contestant.
Entries will be judged by the Estate of Nina Simone based on on creativity, innovation and execution.