FODDER ON MY WINGS
Nina Simone is one of the greatest Black American artists of the 20th century. With a style set between jazz, blues, and soul, she has become a legend on par with Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Otis Redding, and Ray Charles.
This is the singer’s last notable album, recorded in the Studio Davout, famous in the history of recording. Nina Simone sings in French and English with a unique rhythm, combining soul and lyricism, a unique fusion which proves her talent and identity.
- Nina Simone: vocals, piano, tambourine, harmony vocals, arrangements, conductor
- Sylvin Marc: bass, vocals
- Paco Sery: percussion, timpani
- Sydney Thaim: congas, bells, wood block
- Daniel Abraham: engineer
- Yves Chamberlan: producer
- Giancarlo Cerri: producer
- Gabriel Jarnier: designer
- Label: Carrere, 1982
- Recording session: Paris – Studio Davout – January, 1982
- Catalog number: 67.885