Nina’s Choice presents the multi-talented artist Nina Simone in an album of expressive vocal and piano interpretations. She personally has chosen to bring you a fine assortment of traditional and newer folk music, blues, and pop standards.
She shows distinctive versatility in her mastery of music of all kinds. Regardless of the size of her supporting group, her own sound is always dominant.
Her treatment of the faster numbers displays her complete conception of rhythm, while the more tender songs give evidence of her warm understanding of the balled.
Her area of expression continues to expand and within any field that she elects to explore, her choice produces results that are always imaginative, listenable, and thoroughly appealing.
- Nina Simone: vocals, piano, arrangements
- Al Schackman: guitar
- Chris White: bass
- Bobby Hamilton: drums
- Label: Colpix, 1963
- Recording session: New York City – various dates
- Catalog number: CP 443 / SCP 443
Track source info:
- Trouble In Mind: live recording from At Newport (1960)
- Memphis In June: from Forbidden Fruit (1960)
- Cotton Eyed Joe: from At Town Hall (1959)
- Work Song: from Forbidden Fruit (1960)
- Little Liza Jane: live recording from At Newport (1960)
- Rags and Old Iron: from Forbidden Fruit (1960)
- You Can Have Him: live recording from At Town Hall (1959)
- Just Say I Love Him: from Forbidden Fruit (1960)